State map at a scale of 1 : 5000
The State map at a scale of 1 : 5000 (SM 5) is the basic State map series of a large scale . It shows the entire territory of the Czech Republic in a contiguous layout of map sheets, where the territory of the Czech Republic is shown on 16 301 map sheets, each showing an area of 2x2,5 km . Dimensions and indexing of map sheets are derived from the State map series of the State map at 1:50 000 by its subdivision into 100 segments. Map layout of the State map at 1:50 000 is, as opposed to map layout of base map series at medium scales, parallel to axes of the S-JTSK coordinate system. (State map at 1:50 000 is not published, as opposed to the Base map of the Czech Republic).
The SM 5 contains planimetry, altimetry and lettering. It is the State map series of the largest scale which shows altimetry. Cadastre maps are their elementary planimetric graphic base , the Base map of the Czech Republic or ZABAGED® is the altimetry source. Cadastral maps and database of geographic names, Geonames, are the source of lettering.
Prior to 2001, the SM 5 has been compiled as analogue, the so-called State map 1:5 000-derived (SMO-5) for the entire territory of the Czech Republic. In 2001 to 2007, a vector form of the SM 5 for approx. 30 % of the area of the Czech Republic has been produced and supplemented by raster data created by scanning of printed map sources of the original SMO-5 for the remaining approx. 70% of the area of the Czech Republic . Between 2008-2009, an innovated version of the SM 5 has been prepared, including the processing technology change, with the goal of completing the vector coverage of the vector form of the SM 5 in the full extent of the area of the Czech Republic , following-up the progress of digitization of cadastre maps and secure their acceptable update procedures. Responsibility for the production and update of the SM 5 has been assumed by the Land Survey Office in 2008.
Information on available SM 5 data file products can be found in the right hand menu of this page.
To order data and prints you can use the internet shop.
SM 5 is made available by means of wiewing services, which are described in the information section of Web services .
Viewing services can be exploited free in all applications (clients). The map window at introduction page of Application section at the CUZK Geoportal or Geoviewer client can be exploited to display them.